In the year 1943, the transformation awaiting Puerto de Pollensa and tourism in Majorca wasn’t easy to foresee. With one waiter as only help, Bar Brisas embarked on its course.
The restaurant was soon chosen as a meeting place for social gathering by the first distinguished visitors in Puerto Pollensa. Hermen, Anglada Camarasa and Camilo José Cela were usual guests and Roch Minué and Hernando Arasa took on the spacious hall with their painting exhibitions. The rest of neighbours and summer visitors in Puerto Pollensa enjoyed the usual dance in the hall or in the back terrace with its spectacular fish tank. There was a ball every night with the music of a pleasant orchestra or one of the first turntables in Majorca.
Since 1990, Brisas has become a first-class restaurant with its own garden centre and specialising in recipes using fresh fish from the bay, ’Caldereta’ lobster stew, seafood rice, paellas and the ‘Best local wine list’ Award, granted by Majorca’s Council.